A ‘CLICK’ that Changed My life ….

Posted by Unknown on 3:16 PM with No comments



One lazy Sunday Evening ,I was lying  on my favorite sofa surfing through channel .
Half eaten packet of biscuits ,couple of banana skin,  half open jar of dry fruits ,lid less water bottle were lying on the floor in the front .That was the typical lunch I  had on a off day .
Time for some social networking, I thought . I picked up a laptop, logged on to Facebook.

Going through how happening is life of all people on my list , made me question, Is all this real ?.These are times when being single hurts . You ask why me ? You look into mirror and say , I am Educated ,Successful,Caring funny still no one wants to be with me .But then you realize.What the hell !! How does it mater .



On a side bar ‘people you may know’  list was inviting my attention .This is where you come across  people you hate , your ex crushes , your ex- office hottie , your current office hottie  or Hottie you don’t know  .It is sort of invitation “peep into my life, I need few more likes “ 

I decided to check out that invitation. Going through the list I came across the name .Vikas Chopra. More than a name the profile picture that drew my attention. It was typical marriage picture. Vikas Chopra was my batch mate in College .Vikas & his girlfriend ,Prajakta Shenoy ,were famous in the college as a MFEO(Made for each other ) couple .They did everything together & seemed so much in Love that every Single guy felt envious. Last heard was they joined the Investing Bank together were soon planning to tie knot. But that was couple of years ago .I clicked to see how The MFEO Couple  rocked the marriage stage .

And I was left with my mouth open .The picture was staring me back with all the vigor. It definitely contained two people I knew, but not the people I had thought. Of course it was Vikas Chopra Marriage picture but the Bride was Vidya Sharma.
I immediately dialed Piyu . That’s Priyanka my best buddy from college. Now she was equally shocked by the news I gave her. Now that’s call for some probing said the curious Piyu.The curiosity was as much of Vikas and Prajakta not getting married as of how VIdya Sharma got in to equation.

 Now the only person  who would tell the story behind was Prajakta. Piyu  was chosen to bell the cat . Being girl she was more likely to dig out the information. I never  had a chance of winning this competition if ever there was one .

Piyu was reluctant but the curiosity was too much to avoid . I told piyu to send her the friend request . Which was accepted without much delay .Prajakta was still working the investing bank .After the pleasantries , When Piyu asked so how is Vikas doing? ,that didn’t sound too odd. For every person of our batch, both were synonymous . Hence it was a obvious question .Prajakta after the longish silence and Piyus probing skills broke the story .
Prajakta told Piyu her honeymoonish relationship was actually very flimsy .Their parent were family friends . In their early teen they were pegged to marry each other , Call it peer pressure or logical outcome . They stuck with each other through college life . What we presumed to be MFEO relationship was actually perception .Two people bound by the family ties .As maturity grew they both realized that’s they were not into each other they were different kinds of people .

Vidya Sharma was another recruit selected in same investment bank . Former colleagues in Vikas & Vidya ,hit off while working in the same project . Over course of their late night deal cracking, they had found love .Prajakta was more of relieved when Vikas told her the truth . Being a Girl it was most difficult to answer parent question for refusal The chemistry or inner gut feeling hold no relevance to eager parents. Vikas in reality made her life easier . She could have not asked for better outcome than this.

Piyu was sympathic . It was best outcome of everyone involved .So how’s your friend Akash ? Prajakta asked Piyu .Are you still in touch with him ? . Piyu told prajakta about my further studies and corporate Job . I really liked him, quipped Prajakta. He was such a  humble guy.Ya that’s why he is one of my best friend .said Piyu in pride .

Piyu later that day told me the whole story about Prajakta..Life is strange and relationship are stranger .We sometimes make believe in aspirations of people surrounding us . We start believing in things through their eyes . Real Relationships is against all odd. Not what is most convenient. Prajakta was lucky to realise it soon.

I was surprised when Piyu mentioned about Prajakta inquiring about me .Even though we spent five years in same college .We hardly interacted .having stable boyfriend  studying with you, robs you chance of making any new friends and even edge out many few old ones .So we never had that’s shot at friendship, Even though I had always had her as my model girlfriend.


Just as  I was winding up the my laptop ,I received a Facebook notification . the notification said  Prajakta Shenoy  added you as friend .CONFIRM and IGNORE were the options. Then I Clicked CONFIRM . A ‘CLICK’ that Changed my life ….




This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
Categories: