A FOE TURNED FRIEND.....

Posted by Unknown on 8:40 PM with 1 comment

Bingo !! Yelled the host of inhouse Quiz contest in our office. This was to response to “You only live once “  answer She gave . Question was what does YOLO mean ?. I was surprised and shocked  .I had been  writing a blog by that title  since last six years .Was this a sign ? I wondered .Once in lifetime you come across a Soulmate, and destiny shows you a sign to identify your Soulmate. I shrugged my thoughts at first .

Shalini ,my new object of attention was nothing more than a office colleague .I have seen her many times in office .Although we never interacted .She was one of many  girls in office .But today I was seeing her in different light .Sun must be shining on her little more today. I noticed the beautiful smile .the sparkling eyes .how happy she was to get that right .Was she this beautiful or was I blind till now not to notice her .

I always consider myself on wrong side of unfair life .When you are born poor have to make sacrifices starting very young .When other kids were worried about the broken toys ,I would be worried about my school fees . When other kids were worried about college admissions I worried about my Mother life threatening illness. When my colleagues in office were worried about girls in their life I was worried about my dad health. After all was done I find myself single  living alone having lost my parents to illness. Life were no news was a good news for me . I never expected  a favor from destiny .Just wished it didn't bring me any more bad news .

From that day, Office was something else . I just wanted to notice that smile or look into those beautiful eyes . Observe my soulmate as much as I can. There was nothing in my mind except her. She occupied my empty mind . My thoughts and even my dreams were about her .Many times I picked up receiver  to make call to her.  But a good boy in me dismissed those thoughts .It is like sending a friend request to stranger, just because she is beautiful girl . That would sound so cheap was my thought.

I tried to track her . I tried to talk to her in manner which will seem like a coincidence to her .I didn’t want to come across as a flirt .All these demons were mostly in my mind ,but still difficult to control. Being a shy guy held me back.I got my chance at  office cafeteria .She was alone one day.I just striked up the conversation . But it fizzled out .Did she make out the casual conversation was not so casual? I wondered. Beautiful Girls have unique sensor ,they exactly know when some one is trying hit on her .
Days goes by I tired to speak to her more .But she would just respond or I feel so. I was just another guy in office and her reactions to me were not friendly at all.I tried as best as a shy guy can, but you know when someone try to avoid you purposefully ,u have no escape. She was always diplomatic never rejecting you in words . Perhaps I didn’t just exist for her .Her reaction .She doesn’t bother about how I felt .Never emphatic towards the feeling I hold, even if she was aware how I felt.

I was getting no were from a casual conversations rather sometimes getting a silence  treatment  I had lost all hope I tried everything even to extent of avoiding her. But then she didn’t just care. Then came day when just out of frustration I did something so stupid I would have not imagined in my dreams. How a casual conversation went in that direction I didn’t knew. I just asked her why was she so blind towards me .she said that was not the case .I told her in as many words that I liked her but perhaps she didn’t .So there was no need to beat around the bush .I could not see her reaction though the phone. But what the hell I was talking about. I told her that she is free and does not need to pretend ,Life is really short   We didn’t have whole life to decide  and I guessed she had made her decision . There was no need to keep everyone hanging .I told her I always hoped for the best . I wanted to be her best friend . I wanted to hear her  first Good Morning .I wanted to sleep with her Good night & sweet dreams . I wanted to buy flowers for her . I wanted to flirt . I want to hear the lovely song from play list with same ear phone one in each of our ears. I want to hear how was her day was. What happened with her colleagues friends or any one in her life .I wanted to be her punch bag ,I wanted her to be mine ,sometimes. I wanted to hold her hand in comfort . I wanted her to hold my hand in assurance.

As I put my phone down , I was sure that all was lost . My destiny was at it again. Robbing me of person I liked the most .I would not work that day . I just ruined & cursed my lady luck .I was not sure how would I face her after that conversation. When I packed my bags for the day it seemed like a dooms day. It was perfect end of the day you can say ..As I was crossing the road I drew blank after I was hit by coming vehicle .When I opened my eyes, couple of days later in hospital. I would barely move my hands. My family was happy to see me awake .My sister , asked me question you have such a close friend in office ?. I asked Why ?. She told me there was girl, who came to see me everyday .Even when I was not awake .She made it point to see me everyday .I wondered who would be that .

Soon it was a visitors time and in walked Shalini with all smiles to see me .I had no words to say. That sight was better than my dreams . She came and sat beside me .We both were speechless. just staring into each other .sharing with each other the mutual love they had . And then she held my hand ,just like I had imagined . That’s when I realise my destiny ,was a foe turned friend........

WOW ENTRY -11th January 2015.

Categories: