Khuljaye Bachpan

Posted by Unknown on 4:43 PM with No comments


.

Kids are called bundle of joy very aptly. Innocence and plainness of kids makes us assent them with open hearts. We don’t evaluate them, nor are vary of them, We don’t suspect their motives because they have none. They do the everything  by innocence with clean mind. When we met kids in public place in no time we start to engage them, to make them laugh,by making faces or varied sounds .What we really want is real reactions of joy,that's where we get the purity of smile 

Time has grown leaps and bounds ,so are kids. Today’s kids do hell lot of things we even didn’t knew .Exposure Level to Gadget , Gizmos ,Technology have made them learn things lot faster . Even Day care going kids are smarter then I was in Primary School. Maturity level are on acceleration. Gone are Jet age today its Jumbo jet age.

As a youngster I was unofficial baby sitter for all neighbors. Whenever Moms need to go to markets or do some cooking or go to fetch kids from  school. I was one, who was  called ,to look after the young toddlers. I quite enjoyed spending time with kids .Some were noisy who simply didnt stopped crying if they started .Other were quite content having me around .One of our neighbors had mentally challenged kid . His name was Abbas .He had some genetic problems since birth . Even at 5 years,he was unable to walk or Speak .He used to move around like crawling kid  with four supports with knees and hands . I had become  his  only friend. While other kids used to fear him due to his unusual style of walking ,I always used to play with him in my free time. 


At slight opportunity he would sneak out of his home and enter our house. He had no sense of direction i was told .But invariably i would find his way towards my house.  I was cricket crazy like majority of Indians, always watching one match or other .I used play with him all kiddie games while watching cricket on TV at same time .Many times I simply noticed  him glaring  at TV screen with amazement. I always thought the moving picture had caught his attention . 

We spent lot many days together ,also  played  host of games in his growing up years.One day he entered my house on his four-support style while dragging a cricket kit . I was surprised,he never brought any toys .His parent thought he is too innocent to understand toys .He took the bat for himself  and  handed me the ball , like every other kid who only loved to bat.He then walked far end of my room and started to take stance. I am not sure he completely understood what he is doing . He marked his crease.
He gestured showing two fingers first, then only one. Gesture used by batsman to ask how many stumps are visible while taking the guard .He took perfect stance like any seasoned  batsman would take .His eyes focused on me, Which indicated or I presumed that I have to bowl now .I , at first ,tried underarm ball .But he dismissed that  immediately with shake of a head . He gestured to bowl an overarm delivery. I obliged him , I was not expecting any thing great but was curious .He was up against  my dilly dolly delivery ,cutting it straight into wall of my room . Just like Rahul Dravid would have played square cut ,straight to the boundary. 

He had all smile on his face. He then walked towards me and shook my hand. I had seen number of cricket balls being  square cut to boundary but this was extra special. I realized  that unknowingly while watching game of cricket myself, helped a kid,to develop a passion towards game .A kid who world calls mentally challenged, had  learn how to bat just by observation .In some way ,the hand shake, a typical batsman gesture after hitting the shot ,was his way of telling me a thank you .But It was me who needed to  thank him .He made me realize that,if you have interest and determination there is nothing in the world you can’t learn. That day was revelation for me .I realized he understood much more than we think he does.I  taught him more things over the years .I tried to convince their parents to send him to special learning centre but in vain .I was very disheartened when they moved out from neighborhood . I fondly remember him for that square cut, which Rahul Dravid ,would be proud off.

All such experiences over the years made me lot more humane. Yes I mean it . Whenever people are fighting over issues we always say “ Bacho ki tarah kyon lad rahe ho “ meaning fighting over silly things .We are kids at heart all our life.We normally dismiss many things as childish behavior.’Abhi tak Maturity nahi aayee isme” .But purest emotions are that of kid.Time spent with Kids are real gold because that's what brings out the kid within us .World is Full of Things to learn you can learn new things from your Child and of course you can guide your Kid to do extra ordinary .

Kellogg’s Chocos, the breakfast cereal brand, has launched a new campaign, titled ‘Khuljaye Bachpan’, highlighting the win-win equation between mother and child, where they learn and grow together.  highlights a relationship of equals between mother and child, and uses Kellogg’s Chocos as a fun moment creator for mothers to bond with their kids

Chocos Facebook page



Kellogg’s Chocos is the great breakfast cereal for both mom and kids. While kids love its yummy chocolaty taste, and have fun with the way Kellogg’s Chocos turns milk super-duper chocolaty. Moms can feel relieved that they’ve given their child a nourishing breakfast because Chocos is now made with whole grain, provides fibre and is fortified with 11 essential vitamins and minerals.







Disclaimer 

Images of Child used are not that of Abbas but used only for cosmetic  purpose of the blog .

Images courtesy Kellogg & Daily Mail  
Categories: