Life @Togetherness

Posted by Unknown on 1:38 PM with No comments


“Are chutta do na madam “ auto guy told with ever smirk on his face , as if carrying change was my constitutional duty . The concept of ‘Customer is king’ is alien to Mumbai Auto drivers. They behave as if they are doing us huge service .But as supply-demand in their favor ,they force us to be courteous while we deal with them .I waved couple of rupees to avoid more argument. I had informed Ravi about my arrival but his office work didn’t allow him to come to receive me. It was first time after marriage that I was away without him .I was attending my cousin’s marriage, which Ravi could not attend due to office project.  I opened the door, really happy to coming back to home .But as soon as I entered, my happiness was short lived.
Is this the same house I left just a week ago? I wondered. Sofa in living room was converted into cupboard , dressing table ,laundry bag and newspaper rack all at the same time .Dinning table had plates of each and every dish ,Ravi must have had in last few days  if not all week .Kitchen table smelled like cocktail . Bedroom felt like green room of fashion event with clothes lying in all corners. And then, I woke up to my shouting mom, “Swati you will miss your train to Mumbai, if you sleep any ,more .OMG ! It was a nightmare!! I was still in my mom’s house.
All through the journey t,he nightmare played in back of my mind.  When I actually opened the door, the scene was exactly opposite .The house was neat and tidy ,everything in its place .It was exactly in same as I left it or should I say it was a bit better. I was dead tired of journey .All I wanted was a peaceful sleep. I crashed on the bed as soon as I entered bed room. I woke up late evening at around 9 PM . Oh wat about dinner? I wondered. I came out of bed room to see Ravi deeply immersed in kitchen .I was amazed .What the hell are you doing in kitchen ? I asked Ravi. We need to have dinner or no? said Ravi. He informed me that our maid was on leave because of illness,since past two day .
In our three months of marriage it was our maid who did majority of the work. Ravi and me being both working , never encountered situation to do household chores ourselves .Hence I had never saw this side of Ravi .I had presumed when the situation warrant I will have to step up to the occasion.
Get fresh and join me at dining table, I am very hungry, Ravi pleaded. He was quite a decent cook I must say .and his prawns masala was awesome .As we munched the tasty food  I asked him how  did his presentation go . He said it was good in fact he was being recommended for promotion following the success for project. He asked me if I would clear the dining table so that’s he can wash the dishes .I heeded to his request. Once he was done with dishes .He asked me whether I  have any clothes which needed a wash as he was proceeding to soak the clothes .I declined this time. Once on bed ,I  narrated him how was the wedding and all the thing happened at my mom place .He in turn said he missed me and just pinched him, that was for same pinch .

In the morning, Ravi lined up the soaked clothes in washing machine where I prepared for breakfast. We both had breakfast together and left for office .In the evening  I offered to prepare the dinner and Ravi cleaned the  kitchen. We later discussed the day in our office . Ravi told  me story of  his colleague who vying for girl in marketing department .I told him of latest gossips in my office . This was our life of togetherness, .When you hold each other’s hands its only symbolic of facing life challenges equally.
  

I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.
Categories: